SOLFODAC AC-3-I is the sulphonic acid of ISORCHEM 113 linear alkyl benzene. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Get a QuoteIt's fast and easy
See all documents (1)
Technical data sheet (TDS)
Features And Benefits
End Use Claims
Middle East & Africa
Anionic Active Matter (MW = 320)
Unsulphonated Matter (HPLC)
Color (5% m/v in Isopropanol)
Water Content (Karl-Fischer)
Total 2 Phenyl Isomers
Viscosity at 30°C
ASTM D445, ASTM D7042
Density at 30°C
ASTM D7042, ASTM D4052
ASTM D 93
Sulphuric Acid Content
Technical product information
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- SOLFODAC AC-3-I is an intermediate for the production of the anionic surfactant, linear alkyl benzene sulphonate sodium salt.
- In detergency field the sodium salt of SOLFODAC AC-3-I is used as high performance anionic surfactant in Heavy Duty Liquid, Heavy Duty Powder, Hand Dish Washing and Industrial Degreasing formulations.
- SOLFODAC AC-3-I salts is used as surfactant for Enhanced Oil Recovery at high temperature.
Storage And Handling
- SOLFODAC AC-3-I should be stored preferably in stainless steel tanks or plastic receptacles.
- SOLFODAC AC-3-I must be stored at temperature below 40°C and avoid exposure to light in order to minimise hydrolysis and darkening phenomena.
- Storage tanks must be heated with water warmed at a temperature below 50°C. The use of steam to warm up the product is absolutely prohibited.
- SOLFODAC AC-3-I is a viscous liquid and soluble in water at room temperature.
- Shelf-life is 7 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.
SOLFODAC AC-3-I is generally supplied in plastic drums.
Other Products within this Brand (4)
Complete your formula with these ingredients
Sasol Place, 50 Katherine Street