TRIDAC ISO-12 is a fatty alcohol polyethyleneglycol ether, based on MARLIPAL 13 and ethylene oxide (about 12 moles). It is used in personal care as water-soluble emulsifier. It is applicable for all kinds of liquid personal cleansing products. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
INCI Name: Trideceth-12
Function: Surfactant (Nonionic), Emulsifier (O/W), Surfactant, Solubilizer, Wetting Agent, Emulsifier, Dispersant
CAS Number: 69011-36-5
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates
Ingredient Origin: Synthetic, Petrochemical
Synonyms: Poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl), α-tridecyl-ω-hydroxy-, branched
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular Sasol ProductsView All Sasol Products
Product NameProduct FamiliesApplications
TRIDAC ISO-5 Chemical Manufacturing, Nonionic Surfactants, Emulsifiers & Demulsifiers, Wetting & Dispersion Aids, Detergents & Degreasers, Fluids & Lubricants, Surface Protective Additives, Sensory Modifiers, Emulsifiers, Solubilizers & Dispersants
TRIDAC ISO-9 H Chemical Building Blocks & Intermediates, Textile Manufacturing, Pre-Treatment Auxiliaries, Chemical Manufacturing, Other Additives, Ethers, Fluids & Lubricants
TRIDAC ISO-40 Chemical Manufacturing, Nonionic Surfactants, Fluids & Lubricants, Surface Protective Additives, Dispersing & Wetting Additives
Raw Materials For Cosmetics
Raw Materials For CosmeticsBrochure
Surfactants for Emulsion Polymerization
Surfactants for Emulsion PolymerizationBrochure
Technical Data Sheet
Tridac Iso-12 Technical Data Sheet
Tridac Iso-12 Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
TRIDAC ISO-12 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Home Care Applications
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- TRIDAC ISO-12 can be used as emulsifier in agrochemical applications and in emulsion polymerization.
- In metal working field TRIDAC ISO-12 shows good dispersing properties for chip or shaving particles as well as good emulsification behavior regarding to the most common lubricating oils used.
- In cosmetic field TRIDAC ISO-12 can be also used as O/W emulsifier or solubilizer.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Cloud Point (1% in 10% NaCl)||54-57||°C||RCM 3646|
|pH (5%)||5.0-7.0||-||MPL 1007.0|
|Free Water (Karl Fischer)||max. 0.5||% mass||RCM 3804|
|Viscosity at 50°C||40||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Density at 50°C||990||kg/m3||ASTM D7042, ASTM D4052|
|Color||max. 50||APHA||RCM 3607|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Pour Point||20||°C||ASTM D 97|
|Hydroxyl Number||75-79||mg KOH/g||EN 13926|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||74||%w/w||Calculated|
Packaging & Availability
TRIDAC ISO-12 is generally supplied in drums.
Storage & Handling
Storage And Handling
- TRIDAC ISO-12 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks.
- It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 40°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimize yellowish phenomena.
- TRIDAC ISO-12 is a cloudy liquid at room temperature it becomes transparent at temperature about 40°C.
- TRIDAC ISO-12 becomes a solid wax at temperature lower than 20°C. Improvement of appearance and handling at low temperature can be achieved by mixing the product with 10 weight% water to obtain a clear liquid up to a temperature about 5°C.
- At room temperature TRIDAC ISO-12 is water soluble up to 20 weight%.
- Shelf-life is 36 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.