TRIDAC ISO-3 is a fatty alcohol polyethyleneglycol ether, based on MARLIPAL 13 and ethylene oxide (about 3 moles). It is used in personal care as emulsifier, applicable for all kinds of liquid personal cleansing products. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
INCI Name: Trideceth-3
Chemical Name: Isotridecanol, Ethoxylated
Function: Surfactant (Nonionic), Surfactant, Emulsifier, Wetting Agent, Co-Emulsifier, Slip Agent
CAS Number: 69011-36-5
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates
Ingredient Origin: Synthetic, Petrochemical
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular Sasol ProductsView All Sasol Products
TRIDAC ISO-9 H
Raw Materials For Cosmetics
Raw Materials For CosmeticsBrochure
Surfactants for Emulsion Polymerization
Surfactants for Emulsion PolymerizationBrochure
Technical Data Sheet
Tridac Iso-3 Technical Data Sheet
Tridac Iso-3 Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
CASE Ingredients Functions
Cleaning Ingredients Functions
Cosmetic Ingredients Functions
Fluids & Lubricants Functions
TRIDAC ISO-3 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Home Care Applications
I&I Cleaning Applications
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- TRIDAC ISO-3 is a lubricant with anti-static propertes.
- Due to its low number of EO (low HLB value), TRIDAC ISO-3 is used as a co-emulsifier agent for W/O or O/W emulsions in combination with anionic or non-ionic surfactants with high HLB value.
- TRIDAC ISO-3 can be used as raw material for preparation of carboxylates, phosphonates and fatty esters with good lubricant performances on synthetic fibers.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Physical State Changement||-5-0||°C||MPL 1001.0|
|Cloud Point (10% in BDG at 25%)||50-52||°C||MPL 2001.0|
|Polyethylene Glycols Content||max. 2||% mass||MPL 2002.0|
|pH (5%)||5.0-7.0||-||MPL 1007.0|
|Free Water (Karl Fischer)||max. 0.5||% mass||RCM 3804|
|Viscosity at 50°C||14||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Density at 50°C||920||kg/m3||ASTM D7042 , ASTM D4052|
|Color||max. 50||APHA||RCM 3607|
|Hydroxyl Number||160-170||mg KOH/g||MPL 1010.0|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||40||%w/w||Calculated|
Packaging & Availability
TRIDAC ISO-3 is generally supplied in drums.
Storage & Handling
Storage And Handling
- TRIDAC ISO-3 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks.
- It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 40°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimize yellowish phenomena.
- TRIDAC ISO-3 is a cloudy liquid at room temperature and it becomes a solid wax at temperature lower than 0°C.
- At room temperature TRIDAC ISO-3 is not water soluble.
- Shelf-life is 36 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.