TRIDAC ISO-6 is a fatty alcohol polyethyleneglycol ether, based on MARLIPAL 13 and ethylene oxide (about 6 moles). It is used in personal care as emulsifier, applicable for all kinds of liquid personal cleansing products. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
INCI Name: Trideceth-6
Chemical Name: Isotridecanol, Ethoxylated
Function: Surfactant (Nonionic), Emulsifier (O/W), Surfactant, Degreaser, Defoamer, Wetting Agent, Emulsifier, Anti-Foaming Agent
CAS Number: 69011-36-5
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates
Ingredient Origin: Petrochemical, Synthetic
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular Sasol ProductsView All Sasol Products
TRIDAC ISO-9 H
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Cleaning Ingredients Functions
Cosmetic Ingredients Functions
Fluids & Lubricants Functions
TRIDAC ISO-6 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Home Care Applications
I&I Cleaning Applications
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- TRIDAC ISO-6 is a good wetting agent, with low foaming and degreasing performance.
- In the detergency field TRIDAC ISO-6 is used in HDP formulations due to its high emulsification property at medium-low temperature.
- TRIDAC ISO-6 can be used as emulsifier for W/O or O/W emulsions in agrochemical and industrial applications, it shows good emulsifying ability towards the most common lubricant oils.
- TRIDAC ISO-6 can be used also as degreasing agent in wool scouring process and leather treatment.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Physical State Changement||20-10||°C||MPL 1001.0|
|Cloud Point (10% in BDG at 25%)||72-74||°C||MPL 2001.0|
|Polyethylene Glycols Content||max. 3||% mass||MPL 2002.0|
|pH (5%)||5.0-7.0||-||MPL 1007.0|
|Free Water (Karl Fischer)||max. 0.5||% mass||RCM 3804|
|Viscosity at 50°C||22||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Density at 50°C||960||kg/m3||ASTM D7042, ASTM D4052|
|Color||max. 50||APHA||RCM 3607|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Hydroxyl Number||110-120||mg KOH/g||MPL 1010.0|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||60||%w/w||Calculated|
Packaging & Availability
TRIDAC ISO-6 is generally supplied in drums.
Storage & Handling
Storage And Handling
- TRIDAC ISO-6 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks.
- It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 40°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimize yellowish phenomena.
- TRIDAC ISO-6 is a cloudy liquid at room temperature and it becomes a solid wax at temperature lower than 20°C. Improvement of appearance and handling at low temperature can be achieved by mixing the product with 15 weight% water to obtain a clear liquid up to a temperature about 5°C.
- At room temperature TRIDAC ISO-6 is not water soluble.
- Shelf-life is 36 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.