Ask Timeplast Questions
Ask the Supplier
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Timeplast Water Soluble Plastic Features & Benefits
Timeplast goes away faster, when faster is needed.
Biodegradability or compostability can no longer be accepted as the gold standard for green labeling; Water Solubility should be. Timeplast does not require soil bacteria, oxygen or heat to disintegrate, it only needs water. The more biodiversity an ecosystem has, the more water will be present, which means that Timeplast goes away faster, when faster is needed, just like Nature intended.
Building plastics from materials found in the Biosphere
Earth is divided in several layers, we live in the Biosphere; yet fossil-based plastics come from the Lithosphere. Artificially bringing up ultra-high molecular weight materials such as Petroleum from the Lithosphere causes tremendous disruptions, biomagnification and eventually higher and higher toxicity levels in all water sources. Building plastics from materials found in the Biosphere is the right thing to do.
- Timeplast comes in three forms; crystals, small and large pellets
- Timeplast can be used as conventional plastic for rigid applications that require injection molding capabilities
- Timeplast can even be extruded into very strong and light-weight applications, including expanded pieces to substitute fossil-based Polystyrene foam; aka Styrofoam
Applications & Uses
Typical application: Bio-based resin substitute for typical fossil-based polymers used in extrusion, thermoforming, or injection molding of single use plastic products.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Melt Index (200°C, 1kg)||8||g/10 min||-|
|Tensile Strength at Yield||150||Kg/cm²||-|
|Notched Izod Impact Strength (23°C)||3||Kg.cm/cm||-|
Regulatory & Compliance
Technical Details & Test Data
- Prepare the injection molding machine by purging it with virgin polypropylene completely until clean and empty.
- Set the temperatures for running the Timeplast water soluble resin:
- Feed throat and first heater zone - 150°C.
- Second, middle, and front screw (barrel zone) - 220°C.
- Third heating zone (nozzle zone) - 230°C.
- Prime the machine with the Timeplast resin just before running parts.
- It is expected that parts will be strong and can display a yellowish tint with minor splay marks.
- We are working on an antioxidant additive that reduces yellowing and splay and will send notifications of our progress with recommendations.
- It is important to purge the machine after running the product with virgin polypropylene.
Packaging & Availability
Crystals, small & large pellets
Can be injection molded
Can be extruded
Storage & Handling
This product should be stored in dry condition at temperature below 40°C and protected from UV-light. When condensation is visible or can be expected, pre-drying is recommended. (Drying condition: 80~100°C/2~4hours at air circulated condition).