DW Jojoba Colorless Organic
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
- Natural & Sustainable
- Mimics Skin & Scalp Lipids
- Fast Absorbing
- Pore Cleansing & Rebalancing
Desert Whale Jojoba Oil is a natural, nourishing liquid wax (called an oil), rich in Omega-9 fatty acids and fatty alcohols, that provides great benefits for beautiful and healthy skin, hair and nails.
This pure, high quality “oil” is derived from the seed of the jojoba shrub – Simmondsia chinensis, also known as coffeeberry or wild hazel – a desert plant native to the southwestern U.S. and northwest Mexico (Sonoran Desert). Designed by nature to provide continuous nourishment and energy to a young jojoba plant in the arid desert environment, jojoba seed oil features high levels of wax esters (lipids) not found in any other plant-based oil in the world.
Unlike the lipids found in traditional natural oils (triglycerides), jojoba’s wax esters have a molecular structure made of long-chain Omega-9 fatty acids and fatty alcohols. The unique structure gives jojoba oil an incredibly smooth non-greasy texture – plus better performance; absorption, stability and slip properties; and versatility. Desert Whale Jojoba Oil has a long shelf life and resists decomposition due to heat, high pressure, high shear or exposure to air.
- This multitasking botanical oil offers intense hydration as well as conditioning and emollient properties for smoother, softer, more radiant skin + hair. It is known to help replenish lipids, seal in moisture, and restore skin’s hydrolipidic film.
- Desert Whale Jojoba Oil also helps prevent visible signs of aging. A powerful antioxidant, it is proven to protect against free radical damage caused by environmental aggressors and inflammation
- This oil also has healing and anti-inflammatory properties, promotes rejuvenation and may help flush out oil and debris in clogged pores, while discouraging overproduction of sebum and minimizing the appearance of pores.
- The oil is silky smooth, luxurious and lightweight. It glides on smoothly and absorbs quickly with no greasy after feel for deeply nourished skin and hair
- Desert Whale Jojoba Oil is vegan, free of gluten and GMOs, certified organic and Ecocert/COSMOS.
- It is sustainably, responsibly and securely sourced from Vantage’s own farms in the U.S. and Argentina. Production of this oil helps support local communities while preserving the desert ecosystem
- The oil is made using an eco-friendly extraction method (solvent-free crushing) and cold-pressed
- Jojoba oil has been used for centuries by Native Americans for its healing and nourishing properties. It was introduced to the beauty market in the 1970s by founders of the Desert Whale Jojoba Company as a replacement for sperm whale oil to assist in the “Save the Whales” movement.
Applications & Uses+
Non-comedogenic Desert Whale Jojoba Oil is ideal for all ages, skin types and hair types. It is the perfect nourishing treatment to help skin, hair, and nails look and feel more beautiful and healthy.
This incredible, versatile product can be used head to toe -- alone as a serum or as a booster to mix with other products before application. It is an ideal ingredient for nearly all types of formulas. It helps a formula apply easily without dragging, and is an excellent carrier oil to dilute essential oils. Desert Whale Jojoba Oil is available as a clear golden or colorless fluid. It can be easily incorporated into skin care, hair care, sun care and color cosmetic products using traditional methods and does not require any special processing.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Refractive Index at 40°C||1.45 - 1.46||-||-|
|Peroxide Value||max. 2||meq O2/kg||-|