Liponate™ CCC MB
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
Liponate™ CCC is an ester of natural fatty alcohol, caprylic acid and capric acid. It is an ultra low viscosity, colorless and odorless dry emollient ester, which is an ideal sensorial alternative to volatile silicone oils. This product is 100% derived from natural, renewable feedstocks. It is a fast spreading emollient ester that provides very light skin feel similar to silicone oils. It can also be incorporated with powders, colorants, UV filters to enhance the solubility of those materials and further improve the skin feel.
Vantage has developed this ultra-light sensorial profile for Liponate™ CCC with unique chemical compositions and chain length distribution, making it much lighter than traditional grades of Coco Caprylate/Caprate esters.
- Great biocompatibility with skin and provides skin with incredible softness
- Good alternative for silicon oils in skincare
- Excellent spreadability and solubilizing characteristics, great for suncare, BB and CC applications
- Excellent pigment dispersing capability for color cosmetics
Liponate™ CCC is a fast-spreading, low-greasiness emollient, whose absorption profile positions it as an excellent alternative to dimethicone or other light synthetic emollients esters. However, while dimethicone is highly volatile, Liponate™ CCC leaves an invisible film on the skin that contributes to long-term hydration after application.
- Comparison of 2 formulations with respectively Liponate™ CCC (11%), and Dimethicone, 5 cst. (11%) vs. Untreated
- Measurement via hydration probe
- Baseline vs. 1/2h, 2h, 4h, 6h
Liponate™ CCC is an excellent choice for the formulation of light clear lotions. It improves the spreadability and glide of varieties of skin care products during application and leaves a non-greasy, soft after touch.
Liponate™ CCC can improve the solubilizing of crystalline UV filters for sun care products. It is also a great pigment dispersant for color applications.
Applications & Uses+
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Specific gravity||0.856-0.862||-||at 20°C|
|Refractive Index||1.436–1.440||-||at 20°C|