Curoxyl™ 42 is a patented, aqueous based, micronized benzoyl peroxide dispersion (40%) in the form of a gel. Curoxyl™ 42 can be the starting point for topically applied anti-acne creams, anti-acne wipes, facial cleansers and medicated pet shampoo formulations. The micronized Curoxyl™ 42 particles allow the BPO to penetrate pores to attack P. Acnes bacteria. Once Curoxyl™ 42 has made contact with the bacteria, the oxidizing effect of the particle eliminates bacteria.
INCI Name: Benzoyl Peroxide
Function: Revitalizing Agent, Restoring Agent, Anti-Acne Agent, Anti-Microbial Agent, Anti-Irritant
Labeling Claims: Non-Hazardous, Cold Processable, Nanomaterials-free
Certifications & Compliance: cGMP, FDA Approved
Benefit Claims: Anti-Irritant, Rapid Absorption, Penetrating, Repairing, Anti-Acne, Antimicrobial
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Technical Data Sheet
Curoxyl® 42 Technical Data Sheet
Curoxyl® 42 Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Curoxyl™ 42 Features & Benefits
- Smaller BPO particle than traditional BPO, which allows for a smoother application and greater potential for efficacy.
- Proven to be a Non-Primary Irritant and Non-Primary Sensitizer to human skin.
- No milling or dispersing needed
- Manufactured in a FDA certified, cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) facility.
- Complies with USP Benzoyl Peroxide Gel monograph
- Not restricted for transportation purposes per DOT approval
- Only USP concentrated gel form available
- Safety: Very low irritation potential
- Clinically proven
- Gel form for ease of use and handling, no milling required
- Small particle size penetrates the pore efficiently
- Non-nano particles
- Stable product form
- Can be used in cold process formulations
- Non-hazardous shipping status - Operationally friendly
Applications & Uses
Bath & Shower Applications
Skin Care Applications
Treatment Product Applications
To use Curoxyl™ 42 in formulations:
- Cold process: Is easily used in cold processing of formulations where no heat is needed. Note: When using cold process, a temperature of 25o C is recommended.
- Oil-in-water emulsions: After two phases have been combined and the emulsion has formed, cool the batch to 40o C - 45o C. Slowly mix in Curoxyl™ 42 with propeller agitation and continue cooling and mixing.
- Gel based formulations: After polymer dispersion at 75o C-85o C, add desired ingredients, then add neutralizer if required: KOH or NaOH. When batch reaches 45o C, add Curoxyl™ 42 with mixing and cool to 25o C. Note: Benzoyl peroxide is a white powder that is insoluble in water, therefore only opaque water based gel formulations are possible.