Popular Oxiteno ProductsView All Oxiteno Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
ALKONAT® CE 200 F Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
- ALKONAT® CE is classical emulsifiers for creams and lotions. The compatibility of these products with the fatty alcohols used as consistency agents and coemulsifiers, along with their high melting points aid in the stability and rheology desired for these oil-in-water emulsions.
- These ALKONAT® alcohol ethoxylates are also recommended in hair conditioners and crème rinses as thickeners and emulsifiers/dispersing agents. The combination of ALKONAT® CE 50 and ALKONAT® CE 200 F with ALKOMOL® E (Propoxylated Stearyl Alcohol) is specifically recommended in hair conditioners for daily use, providing such benefits as: increased viscosity, stability of the emulsion and suitable lubrication, that facilitates hair combing, both wet and dry.
Home and Car Care
- ALKONAT® CE 200 F is recommended for liquid wax formulas for floors, carnauba-based leather polishes, and car care products based on beeswax and paraffin. ALKONAT® CE 200 F acts as O/W (oil-in-water) emulsifier, favoring the formation of an emulsion with extremely small and homogeneous particles, which promotes high formulation stability, even in alkaline medium. Emulsion quality and consistency has an impact on the sheen and firmness of the wax film.
- ALKONAT® CE is indicated as O/W emulsifier of synthetic waxes and stabilizer of emulsions for mixtures of natural and synthetic waxes.
Regulatory & Compliance
- The product ALKONAT® CE can be used in Personal Care and Cosmetic formulations under their INCI names as established in the International Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary and Handbook developed by the Personal Care Products Council (PCPC, formerly the Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association – CTFA).
- They are also listed for potential use in U.S. agricultural formulations in accordance with the Food and Drug Administration’s Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40 (40 CFR) and for use as indirect food contact ingredients in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 (21 CFR).
Packaging & Availability
Storage & Handling
When handling product use proper personal protective equipment (PPE), such as PVC gloves, safety goggles, and coat.
In case of accidental contact:
• eyes: wash immediately with abundant water for at least 15 minutes;
• skin: remove the contaminated clothing and wash the affected sites with abundant water;
• ingestion: seek urgent medical care.
- Store these products sealed in their original containers, in a sheltered and dry place, away from sources of heat or ignition. The areas where chemical products are handled should be well-ventilated with ready access to emergency showers and eyewash stations.
- For bulk storage of product use tanks made of 304 or 316 stainless steel or carbon steel coated with vinyl ester resin. These tanks should be provided with 304 or 316 stainless steel heating coils, installed at the bottom, in addition to a recirculation system to homogenize the product as needed.
- Keeping the temperature at suitable levels to maintain low viscosities enables the use of centrifuge pumps to discharge and transfer these products.
- To handle these products packaged in drums, heat them in hot rooms, ovens, in double boilers or with thermal tapes, applying only enough heat to turn them into homogeneous liquids.