Ask Dawe's Laboratories Questions
Ask the Supplier
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
DPP® - WS (Dawe's Poultry Probiotic WATER SOLUBLE) Features & Benefits
- Poultry Specific:Strains selected were isolated from normal healthy poultry and re-tested in poultry.
- Colonizing ability:Especially in day-olds it is important to establish normal gut microflora before potential pathogenic bacteria like Salmonella are established. In older birds it may be necessary to re-establish gut microflora after disruption by antibiotic therapy, feed toxins, diet changes, heat or cold stress, physical exertion or parasites.
- Bile tolerance, Acid tolerance:To grow and reproduce in the gut, beneficial bacteria must be able to survive exposure to stomach acid and intestinal bile. Less hardy bacteria are digested and provide no further service.
- Heat Stable:Most of the strains in DPP® can withstand pelleting temperatures of up to 140-158 degrees F. Some strains remain viable at temperatures as high as 200 F (95 C).
- Storage Stability:To remain viable until consumed, bacteria must withstand exposure to air and harsh handling. The strains in DPP® remain viable for at least 2 years when kept cool and dry.
- Enzyme & VFA production:These bacteria produce enzymes (amylase, protease) that help digest nutrients and improve performance. Many also produce volatile fatty acids (VFA) like lactic acid, propionic acid and butyric acid that can discourage pathogens and provide energy.
- Compatibility with Common Antibiotics:Although these strains may make growth promoting antibiotics unnecessary, they are unaffected by most common in-feed antibiotics.
- Antagonistic to Pathogens: Rapid growth, colonization ability and production of bacterial anti-metabolites (like VFA’s) help them out-compete and inhibit pathogens (competitive exclusion).
- Improved Performance:Improved bird weight, feed conversion, reduced mortality and improved litter conditions result from the enzyme and VFA production, immune stimulation and antagonism or exclusion of pathogens.
- Concentrated Product: Over 109 cfu per gram of product; 85 g treats 128 gallons of water.
Applications & Uses
Use at day of age through day 21, then a minimum of 3-4 days per month, or during periods of stress, or after antibiotic therapy to establish or replenish intestinal flora. Or use continuously in the feed (DPP-FG for pelleted feed).
- In Water:Mix fresh daily. Use non-chlorinated water if possible.
- For large flocks, mix one 3-ounce (85 g) pack of DPP®-WS per 128 gallons of water.
- For small flocks, use 1 teaspoon (3.3 g) of DPP®-WS per 5 gallons of drinking water.
▪ In Feed: Use 1⁄4 pound per ton of finished feed (mash) or use DPP®-FG at 1 lb/ton in pelleted feed.
• In GROGEL PLUS Add dry product to GG+ before mixing with water. Use 85g of DPP®-WS for each 20,000 doses of GroGel Plus. Provide at the hatchery or on the farm.
One 85 gram packet per 128 gallons of water will treat the following poultry daily:
- It is much easier to prevent bacterial diseases than to treat them. Provide DPP® at: day-of-age, during times of stress, after antibiotic therapy, monthly or continuously. At day-of-age when the gut is sterile, DPP® populates the gut with beneficial bacteria before pathogens can establish themselves. Later, during periods of stress, gut microflora numbers are also reduced. If antibiotic therapy is used, beneficial bacteria will be killed along with the targeted pathogens.
- DPP® repopulates the gut before pathogens have a chance to reestablish. Monthly re-treatment may be beneficial for birds under stress.
Packaging & Availability
- Convenient packaging
- 85g pouches and 5 or 20 pound pails are available for any size of operation.
- DPP®-FG is available in 50-pound bags.
Storage & Handling
- Seal container after each use.
- Store in a cool, dry area. For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children.