Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Applications & Uses
ANIODAC 13P 20-27 is used as anionic emulsifier in emulsion polymerization to produce stable latexes of styrene/acrylate, VAM (vinyl acetate monomer) and copolymers.
ANIODAC 13P 20-27 is used alone or in combination with other surfactant like NONIDAC 11P 30-70 or EMULDAC ALCS-100.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Density (25°C)||1.044||g/cm³||ASTM D7042, ASTM D4052|
|Unsulphonated Matter (HPLC)||max. 4||% mass||EN 13273|
|pH (5% active matter)||7.0-9.0||-||RCM 3645|
|Color (5% active matter)||max. 20||Klett||RCM 3668|
|Surface Tension at CMC||37||mN/m||ISO 43100|
|Sodium Sulfate Content||max. 0.4||% mass||ISO 6844|
|Dry Residue||28.0-30.0||% mass||ASTM C566|
|Viscosity at 25°C||29||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Critical Micelle Concentration||420||ppm||ISO 43100|
Packaging & Availability
ANIODAC 13P 20-27 is generally supplied in plastic drums, details on available packaging can be obtained from sales department.
Storage & Handling
- ANIODAC 13P 20-27 should be stored preferably in stainless steel or fibre glass tanks.
- ANIODAC 13P 20-27 must be stored at temperature below 40°C. Temperature above 45°C should be avoided, even briefly, because hydrolysis may occur with formation of sulphuric acid.
- Storage tanks must be heated with water warmed at a temperature below 50°C. The use of steam to warm up the product is absolutely prohibited. In addiction contact with acids could cause hydrolysis as well.
- ANIODAC 13P 20-27 is a clear liquid at room temperature and it can be easily pumped.
- ANIODAC 13P 20-27 is susceptible to microbial contamination and decomposition by microorganisms.
- ANIODAC 13P 20-27 is supplied containing a small amount of preservative sufficient for transport and short term storage. If the product is stored for several weeks or months it is recommended to carry out regular check of microbial content.
- Furthermore careful precautions like clean sampling vessel, sterilized water for dilution, limit prolonged or too often repeated exposure to open air, etc. are necessary to maintain microbiological purity of the product.