Popular Sasol ProductsView All Sasol Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Applications & Uses
The areas of use and the hydrotropic action of sodium cumenesulfonate and potassium/ sodium cumenesulfonate are comparable. The hydrotropic action of cumenesulfonates can be used to improve the homogeneity of liquid detergents. Cumenesulfonates increase the solubility of surfactant products in water and improve the ability of detergent and cleaner formulations to accept electrolytes. The solubility-improving action is accompanied by a decrease of the clear melting point of the formulation. Cumenesulfonates reduce the viscosity of detergent and cleaner formulations. This effect can be used to prepare concentrates with a high surfactant content. Cumenesulfonates can successfully be used to increase the upper cloud points of nonionic surfactant solutions (with or without electrolyte). It has been observed in numerous formulations that increasing the amount of cumenesulfonate can also increase the detergency and cleaning action.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|K/Na Cumene Sulphonate Content||40 + 0.5||% mass||Calculated|
|K/Na Sulfate Content||max. 0.7||% mass||DGF H - III 8a|
|Sulphones Content||max. 0.1||% mass||GC|
|Clear Melting Point||max. 7||°C||DGF C - IV 3a|
|pH (2 % as is in fully demin. water)||6.5-9||-||DIN EN 1262|
|Cumene Content||max. 10||mg/kg||GC|
|Viscosity at 25°C (Brookfield)||approx. 15||mPa.s||DGF H - II 4|
|Iodine Color Number||max. 1||mg I/100 ml||DIN EN 1557|
|Water Content||approx. 60||% mass||DIN EN ISO 3251|
|Refractive Index||approx. 1.410||-||DGF C - IV 5|
|Dry Content||39.5-41.0||% mass||DIN EN ISO 3251|
|Molar Mass||approx. 230||g/mol||Calculated|
|Density at 20°C||approx. 1.15||g/ml||DIN 51757|
Regulatory & Compliance
Packaging & Availability
Road tankers, about 1100 kg containers, about 160 kg plastic drums.
Storage & Handling
- Stainless steel vessels (Steel No.: 1.4571)
- KNa cumenesulphonate 40 is highly compatible with the surfactants, builders and auxiliaries common in detergents and cleaners.
- Potassium/sodium cumenesulfonate 40 has an excellent storage stability at low temperatures.
- With a clear melting point of max. 7°C, the crystallization temperature is significantly lower than for the comparable product sodium cumenesulphonate 40.
- At storage temperatures below 7°C, the product crystallizes to give white flakes, which can be re-dissolved by warming.
- Freezing and thawing do not affect the physical, chemical and applicational properties.
- Protect from direct light!
- During storage a precipitation may occur in KNa cumene sulphonate 40 which consists of iron hydroxide and iron oxide hydrate in few ppm-quantities.
- As a rule the precipitation has no impact on the application properties of Na cumene sulphonate 40. If necessary the precipitation can be separated off by siphon off the clear upper phase.