SOLFODAC DBL-60 is the sodium salt of linear alkyl benzene sulphonic acid. Linear alkyl benzene sulphonic acid is diluted with water and neutralized with sodium hydroxide up to neutral pH. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Function: Surfactant, Dispersant & Wetting Agent, Surfactant (Anionic)
Chemical Family: Alkyl Sulfonates
End Uses: Metalworking Fluids, Detergents, Textile Applications, Hand Dishwash, Degreasers, Industrial Applications, Liquid Cleaners, Industrial Cleaners
Chemical Name: Benzenesulfonic acid, C10-13-alkyl derivs., sodium salts
CAS Number: 68411-30-3
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Technical Data Sheet
Solfodac DBL-60 Technical Data Sheet
Solfodac DBL-60 Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Fluids & Lubricants Functions
Applications & Uses
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|pH (5% active matter)||7.0-9.0||-||RCM 3645|
|Anionic Active Matter (MW = 343)||54.5-56.5||% mass||ASTM D3049|
|Unsulphonated Matter (HPLC)||max. 1.5||% mass||EN 13273|
|Color (5% active matter)||max. 100||Klett||EN 1557|
|Sodium Chloride Content||max. 0.1||% mass||RCM 3837|
|Sodium Sulfate Content||max. 0.7||% mass||ISO 6844|
Packaging & Availability
SOLFODAC DBL-60 is generally supplied in plastic drums.
Storage & Handling
Storage And Handling
- SOLFODAC DBL-60 should be stored preferably in stainless steel tanks or plastic receptacles.
- SOLFODAC DBL-60 must be stored at temperature below 50°C and avoid exposure to light in order to minimise hydrolysis and darkening phenomena.
- Storage tanks must be heated with water warmed at a temperature below 50°C. The use of steam to warm up the product is absolutely prohibited.
- At room temperature SOLFODAC DBL-60 is a paste that can be pumped and water soluble.
- Shelf-life is 8 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.