LIAL 123 is primary linear and mono-branched alcohols mixture with alkyl chain length of 12 to 13 carbon atoms. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
INCI Name: C12-13 Alcohols
Chemical Name: Alcohols, C10-16
Function: Coupling Agent, Intermediate, Co-Emulsifier, Emulsifier, Solvent, Binder, Chemical Intermediate
CAS Number: 67762-41-8
Chemical Family: Alkyds, Alcohols
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular Sasol ProductsView all Sasol Products
Product NameProduct FamiliesApplications
Raw Materials For Cosmetics
Raw Materials For CosmeticsBrochure
Lial Alchem Isalchem Brochure
Lial Alchem Isalchem BrochureBrochure
Safety Data Sheet
LIAL 123 ALCOHOL Safety Data Sheet
LIAL 123 ALCOHOL Safety Data SheetSafety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
Lial 123 Alcohol Technical Data Sheet
Lial 123 Alcohol Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Sasol Oilfield Chemicals Portfolio
Sasol Oilfield Chemicals PortfolioBrochure
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Applications & Uses
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Bath & Shower Applications
Industrial Additives End Use
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- LIAL 123 is used as raw material to produce ethoxylates, ethoxysulphates, sulphates, phosphates, ester and ethers suitable for several application fields.
- LIAL 123 derivatives is the base to manufacture liquid and powder detergents, shampoos, bath foams, textile & leather auxiliaries (wetting, degreasing, scouring agents), plasticizers, binders for paint and coating and lubricant additives.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Carbonyl Number||max. 0.15||mg KOH/g||RCM 3814|
|Diols Content||max. 1||ppm||RCM 1402|
|Carbon Distribution - C 11 and lighter||max. 1||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Carbon Distribution - C 12||38-48||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Carbon Distribution - C 13||52-62||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Carbon Distribution - C 14 and heavier||max. 3||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Molecular Weight (Average)||192-196||g/mol||RCM 1101|
|Distillation - Initial Boiling Point||253||°C||ASTM D86|
|Distillation - Final Boiling Point||277||°C||ASTM D86|
|Water Content||max. 0.1||wt. %||DIN 51777|
|Color||max. 10||-||EN ISO 6271|
|Acid Value||max. 0.1||mgKOH/g||-|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Hydrocarbons Content||max. 0.1||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Bromine Index||max. 50||mg Br2/100g||ASTM 1492|
|Density at 20°C||836||kg/m3||ASTM D7042, ASTM D 4052|
|Pour Point||5||°C||ASTM D5950|
|Hydroxyl Number||286-293||mg KOH/g||RCM 1101|
|Cloud Point||10||°C||ASTM D2500|
Regulatory & Compliance
Technical Details & Test Data
LIAL alcohols density vs temperature.
LIAL alcohols viscosity vs temparture
Packaging & Availability
Storage & Handling
Storage and Handling
- It is recommended to keep LIAL 123 in a cool and well ventilated place. LIAL 123 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks or steel lined with epoxy-phenolic resins.
- Avoid materials as aluminium, copper and copper alloys. It is suggested to store the product at temperature between 25°C and 40°C.
- It is preferable to avoid h eating above 50°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimise yellowish phenomena.
- To prevent oxidation during prolonged storage, it is recommended to blanket the product with nitrogen.
- Shelf-life is 12 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.