Sasol Chemicals NOVEL 6-6 Ethoxylate is a biodegradable nonionic derived from linear primary ALFOL 6 Alcohol. This 6-mole Ethoxylate is made using Sasol Chemicals patented NOVEL technology which yields narrow range products with lower free alcohol, PEG levels and melting ranges when compared to the traditional base-catalyzed methods. NOVEL 6-6 Ethoxylate is liquid at room temperature, essentially 100% active and has the following structural formula: CH3(CH2)5(OCH2CH2)6OH. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Function: Dispersant & Wetting Agent, Emulsifier, Surfactant (Nonionic), Foaming Agent, Surfactant
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates
End Uses: Hard Surface Cleaners, Industrial Cleaners, Metal Cleaners, Household Cleaners, Metalworking Fluids, Car Wash, Circuit Board Cleaners, Detergents
Labeling Claims: Biodegradable
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
NOVEL 6-6 Ethoxylate
Similar Products from Sasol NEW
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
NOVEL 6-6 Ethoxylate Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- NOVEL 6-6 Ethoxylate may be used in a wide array of applications including as a high quality, biodegradable emulsifier, foaming agent and/or cleaner in a variety of household and industrial cleaning products.
- It may also be used in such industrial applications as textile and leather processing, plastics additives, paints and coatings, pulp and paper processing, metal cleaners, car wash products, agricultural adjuvants, mining frothers and circuit board cleaners.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Molecular Weight (Average)||355 – 380||g/mol||-|
|EO Content (Average)||72.1||wt. %||-|
|Free EO||max. 1||ppm||-|
|Glycol Content||max. 1.5||wt. %||-|
|Density at 40°C (104°F)||1.004||g/mL||-|
|Cloud Point (10% in BDG)||94 (201)||°C (°F)||-|
|Viscosity at 40°C (104°F)||14.5||cSt||-|
|pH (1% in IPA/water)||6 – 8||-||-|
|Wettability on Cotton||97||sec||-|
|Contact Angle on PTFE (Average)||50.77||-||-|
|Color||max. 50||APHA||RCM 3607|
|Water Content||max. 0.1||wt. %||DIN 51777|
|Flash Point||min. 100 (212)||°C (°F)||-|
|Free Alcohol||max. 1||wt. %||-|
|Pour Point||-4 (25)||°C (°F)||-|
|Hydroxyl Number||148 – 158||mg KOH/g||-|
|Critical Micelle Concentration||1115.82||mg/L||-|
Regulatory & Compliance
Packaging & Availability
Storage & Handling
Storage And Handling
Safe handling advice
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- 40-100 °F
Storage and handling materials
- Suitable: Carbon steel coated with baked phenolic. Any moisture may cause rusting of carbon steel. If product is moisture free, uncoated carbon steel tanks.
Further information on storage conditions
- Mix thoroughly before use. When stored in the liquid form, ethoxylates should be padded with a dry inert gas, such as nitrogen, to prevent oxygen or air from entering the tank. Prolonged storage in the presence of air or oxygen may cause product degradation. Oxidation is not expected when stored under a nitrogen atmosphere. Inert gas blanket and breathing system needed to maintain color stability. Use dry inert gas having at least -40°C (-40°F) dew point.