- AMMONYX® LO is a lauramine oxide finding application in personal care, HI&I applications as foam enhancers, viscosity builders, and as emulsifiers and lubricants in textile applications.
- It offers long-lasting foam.
- This product meets the U.S. EPA Safer Choice Program's surfactant screen and is listed on Cleangredients.
Ask Stepan Company Questions
Ask the Supplier
Popular Stepan Company ProductsView all Stepan Company Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
x = 11 (predominantly)
AMMONYX® LO Features & Benefits
- Preservative Free
- Stable across wide pH range
- Compatible with hypochlorite and peroxide bleach
- Foam Enhancer
- Foam Stabilizer
- Viscosity Builder
- Bleach Stable
- Wetting Agent*
- Dye Dispersant*
- Can be formulated with anionic, nonionic and cationic materials.
- Acid Stable
- Excellent degreasing
- Improves detergency
(*For the textile industry)
AMMONYX LO is readily biodegradable.
Applications & Uses
- Bath Products
- Creams & Lotions
- Hair Conditioners
Household & I&I
- Dishwashing Detergents
- Hard Surface Cleaners (which contain acids or bleach)
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Amine Oxide (MW 251)||30||%||-|
|Free Amine (MW 235)||0.49||%||-|
|Color||max. 100||-||Apha Scale|
|pH (10% in aqueous solution)||8||-||-|
|Viscosity (at 25°C)||18||cPs||-|
|Flash Point||min. 94||°C||PMCC Flash Point Tester|
|Regulated Volatile Organic Chemicals||0||%||U.S. EPA|
|Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC)||11||mg/l||-|
|Draves Wetting (at 25°C)||1||sec||-|
|Specific Gravity (at 25°C)||0.97||-||-|
Regulatory & Compliance
All components of AMMONYX LO are listed in the following countries; the registration numbers for the active ingredients are included in parentheses: United States (TSCA 1643-20-5), Europe (EINECS 216-700-6), Japan (ENCS 2-198), Canada (DSL 1643-20-5), Australia (AICS 1643-20-5), Korea (ECL Serial No. KE-11348), Philippines (PICCS 1643-20-5) and China (EICS 1643-20-5). AMMONYX LO is cleared for use user 40 CFR 180.910, pre- and post-harvest applications. AMMONYX LO meets the U.S.
Safety & Health
The available toxicity data shows AMMONYX LO to be slightly toxic orally to rats, (LD₅₀= 3600 mg/kg). At 2.5% active, AMMONYX LO may cause severe eye irritation and minimal irritation to the skin.
Packaging & Availability
Storage & Handling
- Normal safety precautions (i.e., gloves and safety goggles) should be employed when handling AMMONYX LO. Contact with the eyes and prolonged contact with the skin should be avoided. Wash thoroughly after handling material. It is recommended that AMMONYX LO be stored in sealed containers and kept at temperatures not lower than 50 °F (10 °C) nor higher than 120 °F (49 °C). Avoid overheating or freezing.
- Bulk Storage Information: Tanks, with a conservation vent, made of 316L stainless steel or fiberglass with an Atlac 382 corrosion liner are recommended. Centrifugal or positive displacement gear pumps and piping should be 316L stainless steel. Recommended storage for bulk tanks is 20-52 °C (68-125 °F).