Sasol North America Inc.'s NOVEL 1412-7 Alcohol Ethoxylate is a biodegradable, nonionic surfactant derived from linear primary ALFOL 1412 Alcohol. This Ethoxylate is made using Sasol North America Inc.'s patented NOVEL catalyst technology, which yields products with lower free alcohol, PEG levels, and melting ranges when compared to the traditional base-catalyzed methods. It is essentially 100% active unless diluted with water and has the following structural formula: CH3(CH2)x (OCH2CH2)7OH where 'x' varies between 11 and 13. NOVEL 1412-7 Ethoxylate is a clear to slightly hazy liquid at room temperature. It is used in personal care as water-soluble emulsifier. It is applicable for all kinds of liquid personal cleansing products. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Function: Dispersant & Wetting Agent, Wetting Agent, Surfactant (Nonionic), Emulsifier, Foaming Agent, Surfactant
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates
Labeling Claims: Biodegradable
End Uses: Floor Cleaners, Spray Cleaners, Bathroom Cleaners, Wall Cleaners, Multipurpose Cleaners, Hard Surface Cleaners, Metal Cleaners, Metalworking Fluids, Car Wash, Circuit Board Cleaners, Detergents, Industrial Cleaners
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
NOVEL 1412-7 Ethoxylate
Similar Products from Sasol NEW
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
CASE Ingredients Functions
NOVEL 1412-7 Ethoxylate Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- It can be used as a high quality, biodegradable emulsifier, foaming agent, and/or cleaner in a wide variety of household, as well as, industrial cleaning products.
- It can also be used in such industrial applications as textile and leather processing, plastics additives, pulp and paper processing, metal cleaners, car wash products, agricultural adjuvants, and circuit board cleaners.
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
Clear to slightly hazy liquid
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Molecular Weight (Average)||513||g/mol||-|
|EO Content (Average)||60.6||wt. %||-|
|Free EO||max. 1||ppm||-|
|Glycol Content||max. 1.5||wt. %||-|
|Density at 40°C (104°F)||0.967||g/mL||-|
|Cloud Point (1% in water)||60 (140)||°C (°F)||-|
|Viscosity at 40°C (104°F)||28.22||cSt||-|
|pH (1% in IPA/water)||6 – 8||-||-|
|Color||max. 50||APHA||RCM 3607|
|Water Content||max. 0.1||wt. %||DIN 51777|
|Flash Point||min. 200 (392)||°C (°F)||-|
|Free Alcohol||max. 1||wt. %||-|
|Pour Point||18 (64)||°C (°F)||-|
|Hydroxyl Number||104 – 114||mg KOH/g||-|
Regulatory & Compliance
Packaging & Availability
Storage & Handling
Storage And Handling
Safe handling advice
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- 32-49 °C (90-120 °F)
Storage and handling materials
- Suitable: Carbon steel coated with baked phenolic. Any moisture may cause rusting of carbon steel. If product is moisture free, uncoated carbon steel tanks.
Further information on storage conditions
- Mix thoroughly before use. When stored in the liquid form, ethoxylates should be padded with a dry inert gas, such as nitrogen, to prevent oxygen or air from entering the tank. Prolonged storage in the presence of air or oxygen may cause product degradation. Oxidation is not expected when stored under a nitrogen atmosphere. Inert gas blanket and breathing system needed to maintain color stability. Use dry inert gas having at least -40°C (-40°F) dew point.