BRUGGOLEN® Recycling R8895 is a recycling additive for polyolefines. It is used for upcycling Polypropylene from car battery cases:
- Repair of damage in the polymer chains by a novel chemical system.
- High-quality recyclates for demanding long-term applications
- Prolonged retention of mechanical properties during long-term heat aging.
- Neutralization of acidic contaminations.
- One-Pack solution stabilizes the recycling process.
Bruggolen® R recycling additives improve the polyolefin recycling processes and help recyclers to produce higher-value polyolefine recyclates for long-term applications. For the first time, the new repairing technology allows repairing damages from prior use.
Ask Brueggemann Questions
Ask the Supplier
Popular Brueggemann ProductsView All Brueggemann Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Mixture of antioxidants and co-stabilizers
BRUGGOLEN® Recycling R8895 Features & Benefits
- High quality recyclate via a novel chemical system
- Prolonged retention of mechanical properties during long term heat aging
- Improved process stability
- Additive level of addition can be adjusted to suit optimal performance
- Neutralization of waste battery case acids
- One pack solution
- Easy to handle and disperse, allows very accurate dosing
- Excellent dispersion
Applications & Uses
The recommended level of addition of BRUGGOLEN® R8895 is about 0.2 – 1.2%. Quantity of additive can be adjusted to suit performance.
For specific applications specially tailored BRUGGOLEN® - additives can be offered Engineering Polymers, as well as AP-NYLON® Caprolactam, the key component for Cast Polyamide 6.
Regulatory & Compliance
L.Brüggemann GmbH & Co. KG, Heilbronn, Germany, manufactures this product under the following certificates and assessments:
- DQS certified management system ISO 9001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS certified management system ISO 14001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS attested energy management system ISO 50001:2018 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 EMSt18)
- BG-RCI certified implementation of OSHAS 18001:2007 and ILO-OSH 2001 (Reg.-No. RCI 08-010-21-01)
- Sustainability principles confirmed annually by EcoVadis
Technical Details & Test Data
The addition to the polymer melt is best done by compounding on twin screw extrusion machines. Only this will lead to the desired optimum dispersion of the stabilizer in the compound.
Safety & Health
- BRUGGOLEN® R8895 is classified as hazardous according to the valid CLP-Regulation. Signal word: Warning.
- H400 Very toxic to aquatic life.
- H410 Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- Before commencement of operations a risk assessment must be carried out. To this end, and for ensuring the necessary protective measures, the associated safety data sheet must be noted. In addition, it must be checked whether the stated identified uses resp. specified application conditions in the safety data sheet are met. The afore-mentioned remarks are deducted from the European legal system. Deviating or additional regulations in other legal systems must be observed accordingly when using the product.
Packaging & Availability
Storage & Handling
- If kept properly under standard conditions (closed, dry, 25°C) the shelf life of BRUGGOLEN® R8895 is at least 12 months.
- Protect against direct exposure of heat and moisture.